Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August already?

It's so hard to believe it is mid-August. It seems like the days fly by and it's already the weekend before I know it. We have stayed busy and on the go the past few weeks. We went to Dothan for a week to visit our family, but a week is never long enough. I still leave thinking I wish we could have spent more time there, but that is the nature of living away from your family (sadly no grandparent babysitters here in Bham!) We spent alot of time with my sister and her little ones and that is always lots of fun. We played alot, went to the pool, had some yummy Mexican Connection and had a fun time being together.



In the past TWO weeks, Hayes has become quite the little monkey. All of a sudden she could sit up so well without falling over. Then she decided she was tired of one spot, so she is now CRAWLING which just happened way too fast. And in just the past couple of days she is pulling up and standing in her crib. It is hilarious to see her standing there waiting for someone to come pick her up! We went ahead and lowered her bed all the way to the bottom just to be safe. She is sooooo active these days, which I am very grateful for, but it makes it super hard to change her diaper, put on lotion, get dressed, or anything that requires being still for 2 seconds!!!





Play date with our friend Mary Carmen (9 months:)


We visited Nathan's grandparents last weekend in Prattville-they have a dog named Chrissy-she and Hayes loved staring at each other!


Our good friends Katie and Lane came in town from Gainesville. We rarely get to see them so that was a treat! Katie is my lifelong student friend. She has been in school FOREVER and will finish in May-YEA!!! If you need an orthodontist in the future, she is your woman! We went to Cocina Superior with them and sweet Aunt Lindsey kept Hayes for us. Thank you Lindsey!!!


Also, we've been busy with a slight, unexpected kitchen/dining room makeover. It's amazing what some new paint will do to an old house-I'll post some pictures soon!

6 comments:

Susannah said...

I can't believe she's crawling at almost 7 months!! That's wonderful! I love her bed too, so pretty!

Carrie Wells said...

I love that picture of her laying on her tummy....I can't believe she's crawling already!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Ames, I know it hasn't been that long since y'all were here, but COME BACK!!! The new pics make me want to see ALL of you sweeties! Even Nathan, best b-i-l-i-t-w! So glad Hayes has decided she's ready to take on the world! Can't believe how fast she's growing and all that she's doing. Love y'all so much! Alyssa

Our Family said...

Love the pictures in the bed!!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

WHAT?? CRAWLING?? How in the world! OH MY! You have got an active little girl, there! And an adorable one! She is precious.
And don't go rubbing Mexican Connection in our faces, okay?? :)

lindseykennedy said...

I'm so proud of Hayes mobility! She is getting too big too fast though. I miss her! I will come stay with her anytime.