Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mid-Week Happy Thoughts

I have some happy Wednesday thoughts floating in my head this afternoon. Sorry there are no pictures!

1. Today was the FIRST day of MDO that Hayes did not cry when I dropped her off!! Every single day she has screamed when I drop her off and it's so heartbreaking. But I know it's good for her and she does end up having a fun and good day, but today NO TEARS!! She was excited to jump out of my arms and chase a huge ball that was in her room. Makes me HAPPY!

2. The fall consignment season has started! This for sure makes me happy!! I live for these sales in the spring and fall. Two of my very favorite sales I am going to tomorrow night (without Hayes-thanks Nathan) and I cannot wait. I love a good clothes hunt and these sales in B'ham are always so good for finding cute clothes.

3. Tonight we're eating at church-which means NO cooking or cleaning up. Always a plus especially by the middle of the week.

4. Emails are good. My SIL Lindsey and I just worked out a fantastic babysitting trade-off for Saturday. They are keeping Hayes for the day, and we're keeping Baker for the night. Everybody wins. Thanks for the awesome idea Lindsey!

5. Moms and More-our once a month women's Bible study. It's so good and yesterday was such a validating and encouraging time for me b/c Monday night was a rough night. I keep remembering bits and pieces and stories and advice from other moms from yesterday. It's the greatest thing to have strong Christian connections to other moms, especially in all different age ranges and seasons of parenthood. Being a mom is hard and I'm learning it never gets easier!

6. Now this last one is for Hayes-this one will make her happy-Friday is almost here and Miss Pattycake (do you know her?) is coming to our church on Friday night. Miss P'cake -aka "bay bay" or "pat pay" is Hayes' new best friend. She is overly obsessed with her and it's going to be fun, especially for Hayes, to see her in person!! She is a wonderful Christian preschool entertainer if you haven't heard of her.
Dawson Memorial Baptist Church in the Sanctuary at 6 p.m.
If you are in the Bham area and have a little one feel free to come. I know it will be a great night.

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

The Cains said...

Looking forward to seeing y'all friday! I was just thinking about consignment sales tonight. Do you have a master schedule? I'm dying to go!!