Saturday, May 12, 2012

Ballet, Bottles and Naps

Hayes had her last ballet class for this year last Thursday. She has really enjoyed it all year and I am so glad. I think it's good for her to be a part of an organized group without me and to learn to listen and follow instructions. I know she'll miss it this summer, or she may mainly miss the sucker she gets afterwards every week! She's a precious ballerina. I can say that because I'm her mama. She just broke the strings off one of her shoes, just in time for her recital next week.
And this man has had 2 major breakthroughs just this week! First, he's been bottle-free since last Sunday with only 1 time that mama caved in and gave him one because I really needed him to nap good. I am so proud of him. He was super duper totally attached to his bottles. No sippy cup for him. I have bought so many and just couldn't find which one he preferred, because he only preferred the bottle. My friend Shannon (from her SIL) gave me the idea to fill his bottle with water and his sippy cup w/milk (and let him watch me.) That is exactly what I did for really only 1 day. He grabbed that bottle of water and chugged it. He got mad at the milk and threw his cup around and I cleaned up milk left and right from the floors from him throwing it down. It's been about 6 days now and he's just drinking from the cup. He still runs to the counter where his bottles are and whines for one, I'm just too lazy to put them away so that is my fault. But I think he knows he's a big boy drinking out of a cup like his sister!
And, he's now getting down to 1 nap a day which I LOVE. I've been trying to push him until 1:00 before he goes down for his afternoon nap and it's totally paid off so far. He's been napping about 3 hours in the afternoon. I hope it sticks!
Happy Mother's Day. I am so thankful to be a mother to my babies and wife to Nathan. There is nothing like it!

No comments: