Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Nine Month Birthday



Miss Haisy Daisy turned 9 months old this past weekend. WOW. Time is going soooo fast! She is all over the place and into everything. It seems like a 9 month old should still be a little baby that just wants to be rocked and held, but oh no, she wants no part of that. There is too much to see and explore!!

Thanks so much for the food suggestions. Thanks to Tara R.:) I braved up and have started giving her some big people food. Her daddy made her some baby blueberry pancakes for her special day on Saturday. She was hilarious trying to eat them, but did a good job getting most of them in her mouth! Sadly her blueberry pancakes were the best part of her day. The rest of her day was spent with a fever and several naps. She also had a visit from Pop Pop but did not feel like playing very much. We took her Sunday to the dr. and she has her 1st ear infection. But now we have medicine and are on the mend thankfully. Also back to sleeping normally. No one that lives in this house got ANY sleep last week b/c of those tiny little ears!!


(Here she is wondering if we're really giving her those pancakes?)



Her favorite toys these days:
Trash cans of all sizes-kitchen is the best b/c she can pull up on it, the dishwasher, kitchen stepstool, magazines, dining room chairs, remote control, and any other object that is NOT brightly colored and does not resemble a baby toy. No m'am pam, she wants anything and everything she is not supposed to have.

Her favorite places:
The PARK!! her all time favorite thing to do is get in the stroller and ride up to the park. She is super enthusiastic about this and sits up as far as she can in her stroller and waves her arms.
Publix! Her favorite part is still riding in the front of the grocery cart.



We are so enjoying watching her grow and learn so much every single day,and falling more in love every day!! I think I read somewhere that having a child is like watching your heart walk around outside your body. It's so very true.

Today we're going to visit our new cousin Baker in Tuscaloosa. He's 6 days old now!! I have some recipes to share so I'll be back later with those. Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

Tara said...

I'm so glad she is enjoying food! Pancakes are AK's all time favorite too! I crack up when I hear about what she had for lunch at school. Yesterday, she ate up a whole bowl of ravioli! They chopped and diced it pretty well, and she loved it!
That's funny about the toys! I don't have a clue what to get AK for Christmas and might just go to the consignment shop and get some little cheap things, b/c we know she'll enjoy the boxes and paper more than anything this year :)
Happy 9 Months sweet girl!!

Regan said...

She is so sweet!! I can't believe that it has been 9 months!!! Her eyes are absolutely beautiful! I hope we can see each other soon!! Miss you guys!

Susannah said...

Good for her for eating those pancakes!! She looks so much like you in that first picture, my goodness-she is precious! I'm glad that you guys found out that it was just an ear infection and glad you are sleeping again! She'll be a year before you know it!:)

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

ADORABLE!! 9 Months is so much fun and Hayes makes it precious, too! I love that she doesn't like any baby toys!! haha! Doncha know they are all like that? Keys, trash cans- all that clean stuff is #1!! ha!

Anonymous said...

Hugs Amy and happy 9 months sweet baby Hayes! I loved seeing you this weekend...even though it was for a short time. I am also so glad you are on meds for your ears.
Dawn

Hicks Family said...

I'm so sad to hear about her ear infection but I hope that those meds will make her feel all better! It is so so hard to not have sleep (on them and on YOU). She is just so precious and I can't wait to see yall again soon.
love ya.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Haysie Daysie is 9 whole months old! We can't wait to see y'all tonight or tomorrow-have a safe trip! Call me when you get on the road! Love ya, Alyssa