Monday, September 28, 2009
Eight Months and under the weather
Another whole month has flown by! We had our eight month mark last week but Hayes and I were both sick so I'm just now getting around to it. I did not care that I was sick but it's a terrible feeling to see your baby not feeling good. Runny nose and coughing are sad little symptoms for someone so little and innocent! Two trips to the pediatrician in the last 2 weeks and $50 later for them to say "it's just a cold," and "she is fine, she'll get over it!" is a little frustrating, but at least it's peace of mind for this mama to know it's not the flu or anything really bad! So sorry, the point of this post is to document my little growing baby at 8 months!
8 fun things about Hayes being 8 months old:
1. EXPLORING! She is very mobile! She is always on the go and notices everything. I love to watch her to see what she is looking at and what she is interested in. If she hears footsteps she will look at both doors to see who is coming in the room, then she gets really excited if it's Nathan. She also likes to help out in the kitchen:)
2. EATING! She is eating so much baby food now. I buy b/t 25-30 jars each week. She goes through them so fast and sometimes have to go back to the store early to buy more for the weekend. She loves to EAT! and so far is not at all picky-likes all fruits and vegetables-yeah!
3. PLAYING in her pack and play-this is fairly new for her-at first she was not having it, but now she will sit and play with her toys for 5 minutes or so and then climb the walls trying to get out. Her other favorite toys are her giraffe, piano, maracas, books, and the outside of the exersaucer (does NOT want to get inside anymore-standing up along the outside of it is okay though)
4. LOVES peek-a-boo-she laughs so loud at this-so funny!
5. Flapping her arms like a little penguin when she gets excited-I hope she always does this-it is precious.
6. She has a TOOTH! Her 1st bottom tooth is coming in-we had a few middle of the night wake-ups last week-hope it's just teething related-it felt like we had a newborn all over again.
7. She is doing really good in the nursery at church on Sundays- (or this is what they say), and I think she gets about a B or C for Mother's Day Out during the week-still learning to love that!
8. SLEEPING! She is still a good sleeper at night and takes a good afternoon nap every day. Thank you Lord!!
Hayes, you just amaze us more and more every day. We love you so much more than we could have possibly ever imagined before you were born. We talk ALOT about what you will be like when you are 2, 3, 5, 10 and 20 years old. What will you be when you grow up? Where will you go to college? (haha-hopefully Auburn:) It's so fun to think about all that, but most importantly we hope and pray that no matter what you are like or what you choose to do with your life that you will always honor the Lord, because your relationship with Him is the only thing that matters in this lifetime! Happy 8 months, Hayes! We love you!