Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Playing in the Grass and Bathtime

We do lots of playing and crawling around here, and lately quite a bit of pulling up and standing. We played at the park again on Monday and had a big time in the grass! She didn't know what to think of it at first but enjoyed pulling at it. Later that night I found scratches all over her little legs, although they blend in pretty well w/the many mosquito bites that have eaten her sweet legs lately. Hayes is sporting some of her AU attire in these pics for the free Chick Fil A day last Monday!











She is still working on holding the sippy cup. She likes to drink out of it but doesn't know how to tip it up yet. We need more practice!



After 7 1/2 months of baths in the kitchen sink I decided it might be time to put Hayes in the big bath tub w/her toys. She did not know what to do at first and tried to scale the walls to get out. The running water was loud and I think it scared her. But then she was okay with it and played w/her toys until all the water drained out. However, I have since decided that I like my baby being a baby and I will continue to bathe her in the kitchen sink until she is too big. She's getting big way too fast and putting her in the big tub is just one step closer to her being a big girl-she is only this little ONE time and I love it!! I tell myself this daily about various things with her. I have loved every little stage of her life and it is passing too quickly. So back to the kitchen sink for baby bathtime, and I think she agrees with this for now!

2 comments:

Susannah said...

I was the same way Amy! I didn't put Anderson in the bathtub by himself until he was 14 months old. They're only little once, right?

lindseykennedy said...

First let me say, you are doing a great job keeping the blog updated. I love it! Also, this is the t-shirt I gave her!! I'm so excited.