Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin muffins and Ghost cookies

It's finally naptime-yea!! Our mornings have been starting really early around here. Miss Hayes has decided that she likes waking up for the day between 5-6. Sometimes that's a long stretch until 1 in the afternoon. Yesterday she had different plans than me and decided she would not have naptime at all so I'm hoping she'll make up for it today with an extra long one-hahaha we will see. Therefore, we have plenty of time in the morning for some yummy breafasts so sometimes waking up early can be good!!

We had these little pumpkin muffins for breakfast this morning, and they were so simple and delicious. So if you don't already have a recipe for some yummy fall pumpkin muffins, here you go:



1 box spice cake mix
1 can pure pumpkin
2/3 cup water
1 egg

Mix all ingredients until well blended. Grease and flour muffin pans (this recipe made 12 large muffins and then I still had batter left over for about 10 mini-muffins.) Fill each cup 2/3 or almost full. Bake at 325 for about 20-25 minutes. I cooked my muffin pans separately, so I'm not sure how long it would take putting both pans in together. Just watch the muffins. Once cooled sprinkle with confectioners sugar. They were moist and delicious, and I'm just about to have another one for my afternoon snack!

Also, our cousin Bake Bake had his 1st birthday party on Saturday. It was a really cute party and he thoroughly enjoyed himself!! I have lots of fun pictures to share, but I'll let Lindsey share hers first!
I found these little ghost cookies on a website a few months ago and made them Friday night for the party. They turned out really cute and were really easy to make, just a little messy. Just an idea in case you need something for Halloween this weekend.



1 package nutter butters
1 lb. almost bark
mini chocolate chips

Melt candy coating in microwave, keep stirring and watching for it to melt, it took mine longer than the package said. Dip cookies into melted bark and then lay on parchment paper. Put chocolate eyes on the ghost while they are still wet-might need another person to do this part-like an hungry husand who likes sweets- b/c you're hands are so messy. Let cool and then enjoy! This recipe made 32 cookies.

*HELP!! Anyone have any good tips for getting back on a normal wake-up schedule for an almost 2 year old? Getting up an extra hour or more earlier for her is definitely contributing to the whininess factor during the day. It's been about 3 weeks so I'm afraid it's becoming a habit.

4 comments:

Susannah said...

Girl...I wished I knew how to get their sleep schedule back in check. Anderson's is the same way...6 is usually our wake up time. It used to be 7! Miss those days...The pumpkins muffins look delish! Thank you for the recipe.

lindseykennedy said...

I love both of those recipes! Also, they are only 1 weight watcher point for those that care! The ghosts turned out SO cute! I loved them. Also, love the new picture at the top! Super fun day. We love yall!

Regan said...

You are seriously one of the cutest people I know! I love all of your precious recipes. I bet Nathan also love having an adorable wife that bakes for him all the time :). How are you feeling??? AND GIRL...wouldn't you know that Knox has been waking up about 30-45 minutes earlier for the past 2 weeks and I am wondering whats up?!?!? If you find any answers, please do share! Love and miss you!

Amanda said...

Can't wait to try those muffins - love an easy recipe, so thanks for sharing! Blake's sleep schedule always got a little screwy a few weeks before daylight savings time changes, so maybe she will be back to a normal schedule in a couple of weeks.