Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's Thanksgiving!

It is Thanksgiving week and we are home and I LOVE it. We are excited, excited to be able to spend the next few days with all of our family and enjoy being together, eating, playing, and resting! As of right now only my husband is resting, though! We've already had a big time and we just got here last night. This morning we met friends for coffee and play at Chick Fil A, then we went to the new Miracle Park in Dothan-awesome-great place for little and big ones, and then lunch at Honey's Hot Dogs-the only place I ever eat a hot dog, besides an Auburn game of course. My little one decided there was too much action for her to nap this afternoon, so she's outside in the wagon with her Papa pulling her, which is heaven on earth for a toddler and for this mama-because I wouldn't be so happy about a no-nap afternoon if it were at home with just the two of us! But anytime a grandparent is in charge of playtime that equates to a nice little break to me. Wow, I just cannot imagine if we had any grandparents close by-it would be too good to be true and we absolutely wouldn't know what to do.

Unfortunately my camera battery door has been jammed for 2 weeks and I haven't had time to try to fix it, so no new pictures! But no fear, Papa (aka Gregg) fixed it in 2 seconds this morning, so I'm all set for lots of picture taking this week with the fam. I hope everyone has a wonderful, happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. I won't go into listing the many, many blessings in my life, but I will acknowledge that all of it comes straight from the Lord. Without Him my life would be nothing and I would have nothing. He is absolutely the source of my joy and strength and I pray that every single day-not just the weeks around Thanksgiving-that I would honor him with my life and be completely thankful all the time for His presence and blessings in my life.

I hope to have some fun news to share next week when we get back.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.” - Colossians 2:6-7

No comments: