Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Year Ago

One year ago today we had one last little baby shower to get ready for our little boy who was about to be born! I've been looking back at pictures from his birth and Hayes was still such a baby. She was right at 25 months old. She had no idea what all that baby talk was about and why she got to open presents! I'm pretty convinced that it doesn't matter what age you add your next child to the fam, 1, 2, 3, 4 whatever, it's just going to be a big adjustment for everybody no matter what their ages. Looking back I don't think we ever had any issues from Hayes, it was mainly just Nathan and me trying to adjust to a newborn again!



February 25-he is here! 8 lbs 3 oz. I had a pretty good labor and delivery with him, a little quicker than with Hayes. I still cannot believe this was a whole year ago!


















After looking at these pictures it sort of seems like he has been here forever. Time definitely makes you forget things that you'd rather not remember, like how crazy and delirious you are with no sleep for 6 months. So that is a good thing! He is sweet and spicy just like Hayes was at his age. He is also the biggest snuggler and Hayes never has been. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way he smells. It doesn't matter if he is right out of the bath with the baby soap and lotion smell or if he smells like a puppy at the end of the day (which is actually daily.) I never want to forget that. That is probably so wierd but I guess that is a mommy thing! My heart is just so full of love for them both. This weekend we are celebrating his 1st birthday with our family and I can't wait! I am so excited to dress him up in his cute birthday outfit with his birthday hat and sing to him and watch him eat his little cake. He is going to love it! Happy early Birthday little Watermelon Watson! We love you SO much!!

No comments: