Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

I have a new goal as of Sunday. I used to REALLY enjoy planning our meals, going to the grocery store (by myself), and cooking. But during the last 6-8 months I have really slacked off w/the motivation. We still cook almost every night of the week, BUT I have just not had the enthusiasm that I used to have w/our meals and new recipes. But now that school is starting back and fall is getting closer, I'm getting back on track w/our weekly meal planning and hoping to add some new recipes to my collection. I think part of my motivation is stemming from my uncontrollable hunger from being pregnant. I don't remember being this hungry w/Hayes. These days almost everything tastes really good to me.

Last night I made Paula Deen's Chicken Pot Pie. It was just a tad different from my old recipe that called for 2 pie crusts and I really liked it soooooo much better. I only made a few changes.



Paula Deen's Hurry Up Chicken Pot Pie

2 cups boiled and chopped chicken breast
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups instant biscuit mix
1 cup milk
1 stick butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a greased 2 quart casserole, layer chicken, eggs, peas, and carrots. Mix the soup and chicken broth, and season w/salt and pepper if desired. Pour over the layers. Mix together the biscuit mix and milk, and pour this over the casserole. Drizzle butter over the topping. Bake until golden brown, 30-40 minutes.
*I left out the eggs, and for the peas and carrots I used the Publix frozen bag of vegetable soup mix. And I only used 1/2 stick of butter, it really did not need anymore than that.


We thought it was DELICIOUS. I woke up thinking about leftovers this morning! I'm sure this will be popping up on our menu again soon-like maybe next week?

3 comments:

Vanessa Palmer said...

Amy - thank you so much for this recipe! I am going to make it next week - - it looks delicious :)

The DeRieux Family said...

Looks yummy and easy!!! I want to try it! I have a good chicken noodle soup recipe I need to give you...a great fall dish!

Susannah said...

Yummy!! It looks really easy to make. Thanks for sharing Amy!!