Thursday, August 18, 2011

Staycation 2011!

Nathan has been off work this past week so we have enjoyed him being home with us since last Friday. It's been so nice!! An extra set of hands around here is always welcomed. So instead of leaving B'ham, we have busied ourselves here with lots of fun things and home projects that have been piling up on the to-do list. We've had a birthday party, neighborhood party, cousin playtime, promotion Sunday at church, a trip to the zoo, Shipley's donuts, picnic supper at the park (Patton Chapel-our favorite these days), McWane Center, ice cream, etc, etc. A big thank-you to my sweet Nathan who has done lots of non-fun to do list items like working in the yard, oil changes, carwashes, etc. His week has been productive. And I was able to see my longtime bff Suzanne who came in town on Monday night. We don't see each other enough these days and it's always fun when we do. She has little ones and is a super busy mama. Thanks for coming, Sue!!



Our weeks are usually full and I do not seem to have a second of downtime these days. Naps around here don't exist much for Hayes anymore, so she has started room time, at least until school starts back and maybe she'll be tired enough to go to sleep at least 2 days a week. She's waking up super early too since she's been in her big girl bed, around 5:45 or 6, and goes non-stop all day until bedtime. I don't know how she has enough energy to get through the day until bedtime but she does. And Watson's naps have been super short this week. I know it's a phase and he'll get back to some long naps eventually. I hope sooner rather than later!



We are heading out of town today for a little child-free weekend and dropping the little ones off w/Nana and Papa in Dothan. I'm looking so forward to doing NOTHING all weekend! Well except for going to the rehearsal dinner and wedding for Nathan's cousin, sweet Anna. Other than that I am planning to not get up while it's still dark outside, not change anyone's diapers, read a little, sleep all night, and be as L-A-Z-Y as I can for 48 hours! I will miss my babies but I know they will have so much fun and be in great hands. I hope Mr. W will cooperate. He has a case of mommy separation syndrome these days. I love him. He's sweet and fussy when he can't see me, what a mix.



I think this one has a little ways to go until she hits that weight limit. haha! She's right at about 25 pounds. Watson is pushing 18 lbs so I am positive he will catch her weight-wise by his 1st birthday. He is almost 6 months, cannot believe it!

1 comment:

Suzanne Barfield said...

Amy, those two are so cute! I am so, so, SOOOO happy I got to see yall! It was good for my soul to love on those babies and catch up with you!!! I miss you so much!! Love you! Sue