Thursday, December 2, 2010

An Early Christmas Present and a NAME

Six months ago we sat in an attorney's office and signed away our sweet first home that we loved so much to another couple who were just about to get married. We hoped they were just as excited as we were when we bought that house right before we got married. Doesn't everybody feel that way about your home, especially the 1st home?! It was a great house, cozy (most of the time), really old which made for some interesting "issues", and mainly we just loved it because it was ours!! I think both our families thought we were crazy when we bought it but we did not care. I mean we really LOVED and wanted that house, and it was really special too because it was Hayes' 1st home. But we knew having a 2nd child there wasn't going to be ideal for a few reasons, so we went ahead and put it on the market and it sold. It was exciting and sad altogether. So we moved into our temporary apartment with no plan about the future, just hoping the perfect place would come along. We knew God had a plan for our family and we didn't want it to be our simple minded man-made plan, so we just decided to wait and see what happened.



Yesterday, 6 months and a few days later, we went BACK to that same attorney's office to sign all the papers on our NEW HOME!! This one came along at just the right time for us, and now we are SO thankful for that waiting and wondering period God gave us. I think the waiting time will really make us appreciate it more. We think it's going to be a good house to meet our short term (w/little ones) and long term needs(w/bigger kids.) And, it's right down the street from my old school where I taught which is a huge PLUS b/c now Hayes and new baby boy will be there one day. It needs work on the inside because this one is old too like the last one, which we love and what we wanted because we can make it our own. I took alot of inside pictures last night so we could remember what it all looked like before (lots of carpet, wallpaper, dark paneling, etc.) It's all getting ripped out today! So we are planning to move in after Christmas if all goes as planned!!



So there will be very little Christmas decorating for us this year, except the small tree my mom sent back w/us for our apartment. But really I am grateful for that even though that sounds sad! This pregnancy and chasing Hayes 24/7, and moving in 4 weeks has me as wrapped up as I need to be and I don't think I could deal with boxes of decorations here at this tiny apartment. Next year though!

Other BIG news (for us anyway...) Our baby BOY (still catches me off guard to say that) finally has a name!! We have thought and thought and thought and finally are making it official. His name will be JAMES WATSON KENNEDY, and we will call him WATSON. James is Nathan's first name, and Watson is from my side. So both sides mixed together makes one name for this baby. Nathan constantly tells me I have a hard time pulling the trigger on anything, so I'm posting this here so I won't go back and change it once we're at the hospital!!

Hope everyone is having a good December so far. Only 3 1/2 weeks until Christmas!

9 comments:

The Henderson Family said...

Yay! These are 2 big things!! Congratulations on both!! I love the name Watson!

lindseykennedy said...

I'm so excited for yall with the new house! I absolutely love it. Its so big inside and spacious which will be very nice! Watson and Hayes are lucky little people!

Shireen said...

Amy!
I've been thinking about you and Hayes!! I know you've got SO MUCH going on right now...well, for months, really!
Congratulations on your new house!!! Where is it? Vestavia? Yay...just so excited for yall!!! :)
And I LOVE the full name James Watson, girl! We considered James Wesley for Caleb. :)
I SO don't want to pull out Christmas decorations this year! I feel like such a scrooge, but I know we're only here temporarily, so this house just doesn't feel like 'home,' you know? Well, we'll see...maybe I'll bring out some lights, at least! :)
Love you ALL, sweet girl!

Susannah said...

Amy, I LOVE the baby's name Watson! I think it's a good strong name. And second, I think your house is beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Regan said...

AMy! I LOVE the name Watson! Lee and I read your email together the other night, and we were both saying what a great name it was! YAY! It makes it even more real when they have a name :). And the house??? Fabulous! I love that you get to "make it your own" with all of your choices and colors. How perfect! Hope to see it in person one day! Miss you!

The DeRieuxs said...

I LOVE the name! I meant to ask you if y'all had decided on anything yesterday and completely forgot! It is a perfect name for baby boy Kennedy! I also love the house!! We drove by on the way to my parents yesterday and the guys were busy at work! Can't wait to see it!

The Cains said...

Amy - the house is gorgeous! I love Hayes outfit in the first pic - so cute!! And the name Watson is perfect - what a beautiful little family you will be! So happy for y'all that things are moving along smoothly! God is good!

Christine and John Harpole said...

I am so happy for the Kennedy family! Your new home is beautiful and I LOVE the name! Miss y'all!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby and the house.. knew you were house hunting (sorta) but had no idea about the baby!! So excited for you guys.. clearly, I need to check the blog more often.. Hugs, love and prayers...