Moving on from the last post with the old pictures...I am loving this Christmas season, but it's already going by way too fast! I have a few things to share quickly-2 of which you might want to make if you still have any free time left before Christmas next weekend!
1. I made Christmas Thin Mints this week and just saw that my old friend, Ashley, just posted them on her blog too. Hmmm! I'll share anyway. They are festive, delicious and so easy. This recipe made about 90 cookies and guess what, they're almost gone. Not just by us, Nathan had an office party and Hayes' teachers and other people got the rest. And I'm telling you, they are SO tasty I think the little girl and I will make some more this next week to share.
Christmas Thin Mints
1 box ritz crackers
1 package chocolate almond bark
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
crushed candycanes (used 12 for this recipe)
Melt chocolate in microwave until smooth. Stir in peppermint flavor. Dip each cracker in chocolate and lay on wax paper. Sprinkle with crushed candycanes.
Watch out, these are pretty dangerous!
2. Jesus' Birthday Cake-I wish I had a picture of this. A mom made this cake at our Happy B'day Jesus party last week and it was so cute. This would be something fun to make with your kids-if they a little older than my Hayes is and actually know what Christmas is about-well she does like to carry baby Jesus around and say his name over and over. She would just love all the icing this year, but hopefully next year will be more meaningful for her!
It's a 3 layer cake with a different color for each layer-chocolate is for our sin, red is for the blood of Jesus, and green is for the new life He gives us.
It would be fun to make cupcakes too if you could get the layers right without mixing the colors of the batter too much. Here is the link with directions. It was a really cute idea and I hope to start this next year with Hayes.
3. A fun Santa link that we found this morning with a dancing Santa...you can change out the Santas, music, and dances...Susannah I thought about you and Anderson when I found this that he might like it!
4. McWane Center-we went last week with our good friends Lindsay and little Caroline and the snow exhibit is so fun! If you are local go check it out before the end of the month. Hayes had a ball playing with the shovels and buckets. Lots of fun for the little ones, and lots of running and chasing for this mama, good exercise!
5. Lastly, we finished up our Christmas shopping this morning, which ended up being pretty light this year thankfully, and Hayes got to ride the reindeer on the carousel since we were at the galleria. She loved it of course and couldn't stop smiling. And I'm so glad her Daddy volunteered to ride w/her because going in circles makes me sick to my stomach!
and a video for the grandparents...she waved and smiled the every single time she went around...I love this girl.
I've just started to realize that our days with just Hayes are getting numbered. It makes me a little sad, but I'm looking so forward to adding another little one into this family. BUT, before that day comes we are soaking up these precious days with her. So tonight we're having a family date night at Chuy's-it's so yummy, plus I could eat Mexican every day if I could.
Hope you're all having a good weekend and are enjoying this fun Christmas season!